Para-ordanance P12

MellowMikey

I have a chance to get one for $360 with one hi-cap.
I know it is a great price, but I am looking for any feedback on the weapon itself. It has the alloy frame.
How will it compare to my G30 as a sidearm?

Thanks,
Mikey

Mikey I have the Para P-12 SS model and it is one of my favorite pistols. I can't believe that a gun that small can hold 12 + 1 rounds of .45 and shoot as accurate as it does.
I had a Glock 30 and it was nice, but not near as good a gun as the Para P-12....

BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT

I have the alloy-frame P12, but I can't compare it to the G30 since I've never fired or handled a G30.

My P12 shoots more accurately than I can aim and is absolutely reliable with ball and hollowpoint ammo, though it doesn't digest SWC bullet styles well at all.

I bought mine NIB, and made two mods to the gun (by competent gunsmith):

Since the P12 uses a stamping similar the Colt Oficers Model to cap the recoil spring, it is similarly subject to fail after some thousands of rounds due to crystalization of the stamping. This failure would send the recoil spring downrange. I replaced the recoil spring/guide rod/cap assembly with a kit offered by Ed Brown.

Mine had a trigger pull close to 7 pounds, which has been reduced to about 4 pounds.

I think $360 for a P12 in reasonable condition is a great opportunity, and I'd certainly get the gun. Since you already have a G30, you'll have no problem with the 'fat grip' of this staggered-mag gun.

Good shootin'.

Mikey, I don't know about the alloy frame, but my SS
P12 is a real fine shooter. It is hard for me to compare
with my G30 as the two pistols are very different. For extended carry, the G30 in a Sidearmor IWB holster wins hands down. I carry the P12 in a high ride OWB strong side holster and after several hours, you know your packing.
With the alloy frame, yours will be a bit lighter.
The P12 will feed and function with any thing I run through
it. I have sent 2000 to 3000 rounds down range with maybe
5 jams. Limp wristing? Not sure.
I have shot the G30 maybe 1500 rounds with no malfunctions
what so ever.
Both pistols are listed on my ccw,however, I find myself packing the Glock far more often than the P12 these days.
Good luck....

Among others I've got a stainless P13.45 and a Glock 23. Both are excellent. I think that the Para-Ords are underrated, though. Mine is a phenomenal pistol. 13+1 rounds (12+1 in your case) of big old .45 is a whole heck of a lotta firepower. Accurate, reliable, nice-shooting, good-looking, etc. Go for it!

Back