Para Ord P14 LDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob96

What is the going price on the Para Ord P14 LDA (Double Action) .45ACP? Does anybody know anything about this gun?

Rob, the ONLY 2 prices I've come across so far are $699 & $659.
The $659 one is in a Gunshop in Columbus OH. :)
What would you like to know ?

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/
Alternate E-mail
HS2000@ausi.com

[This message has been edited by HS (edited October 05, 1999).]

Does this pistol come with the ability to buy
two high cap magazines like the other Para pistols? I am thinking of ordering one, has anyone had the pleasure of handling or shooting one yet?

I briefly handled one at the last gunshow in Mesquite, Texas. Doc Avery had one on the table for something like $650 - $699. It had the lightest double action pull I have ever felt on any firearm, pre-War Smiths included. As soon as you tightened your finger on that slender trigger, the hammer would make a big move. There was no feeling that the trigger was connected to anything - almost frictionless. I have lots of tuned 1911's that don't have a single action pull that silky. I went back the next day as was going to play with it some more but someone had tie wrapped the hammer in place. I don't know if they will all be like that specimen, but I would love it if my USP felt half that light and smooth. God bless, Hugh

Bear Mountain, in Mesa, Az, had one for 659$. The LDA is accurate and fun to shoot. It sells with two ten round magazines, and no certificates for the high caps.
I was concerned about the longevity of these pistols because of the amount of slide rail missing from the right side rail. ParaOrdnance says the LDA should have the same service life as their other pistols. Time will tell, I guess.

------------------
May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

~Blades~

At last count Todd Jarrett had put 15,000rnds through a "test" gun. :D
When you consider that a S/A Para's guide rails are FULL LENGTH what is the concern about chopping out some of the r/h rail ?
If you did that to a Colt/Kimber/Wilson etc, I could see a real need for concern.
Para mags can be had for $65-$75(private) or $90-$150 (shop).
There still quite a few around if ya look hard enough !

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/
Alternate E-mail
HS2000@ausi.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back