Pancho Villa Colt.....

Rikkn

Inactive
Have found an old Colt, the story is that it was bought it in Calexico, Mexico, for $ 5.00 75 years ago by her brother. It has not been fired since, and it has Pancho Villa engraved on it. Timeline puts it in the correct era, I will be picking it up over the weekend, along with several other guns. Could it be...................????????

If you go to Pancho Villa's house, betcha anything you might see "his" guns there too. Could be the work of a forger. Notwithstanding the questionable provenance, if you're getting it at a good price, why turn it down?

I read many years ago the opinion that Pancho Villa must have led a mule train loaded with pistols, all of which he subjected to heavy use so as to enrich modern collectors. Graver bits are cheap.

His favorite is supposed to have been a S&W Triple Lock and there is a photo of him with that gun.

Gil Procter wrote some book about a lady gunrunner who delivered guns to that liberator of oppressed Mexican peasantry: Pancho Villa. Panchita. I have it, but haven't had time to read it.

That reminds me of Jesse James - his mother, after poor Jesse shuffled off this mortal coil - was beseiged by souvenir hunters. After a bit of this she obtained a barrel full of old worn out pistols which she kept out of sight. She sold many of Jesse's actual favorite pistols over the years, making her retirement better than it otherwise might have been. :D

Back