Palmetto State Armory

Status
Not open for further replies.

longshot79

Inactive
Has anybody heard anything about the company...good or bad. I have looked up reviews on other sights, and can only find out about their customer service. Cannot find anything about their firearms. I am looking at one through an individual, so any info would be greatly appreciated!

Have you looked up reviews on THIS site? They are discussed frequently on and off with several members of this board owning them. Although I do not own a PSA, all the reviews on here have praised their products.

I have purchased AR parts from them in the past, they seemed to ship a little on the slow side, but prices were very competitive and quality was top notch IMO. I bought a "blemished" receiver once that I was unable to find a single blemish on:D

I still go to their website quite often looking, but what I want is always out of stock now days, as it is everywhere else it seems.

Last edited:
PSA is good to go. Mil-spec for the most part, FN barrels. The CS is swamped, having a small CS dept is one way to keep the cost of the product down. If you need someone to hold your hand during the purchasing process buy a BCM...if they ever come in stock.

Palmetto State Armory is a gun shop located in Columbia, SC. They currently have 3 local stores. 2 are in Columbia SC and the third is in Beaufort SC. They have indoor shooting ranges in each location. They sell parts, ammo, their own AR15's (built by them), and the full range of hunting and shooting gear and weapons. Their customer service is limited, so if you need a lot of help you won't get it there. I am a member of one of their ranges. I have always been pleased dealing with them. I go there shooting about once a week, and I buy ammo there and have bought 2 handguns form the. No problems at all. IMO it is a good company.

They have a website and ship items purchased from their central warehouse location in Columbia, SC. I have always bought from their local store and have no experience buying from their website. Based on my experience with them locally I wouldn't hesitate to buy from their website.

Last edited:
I can't seem to get a reply from customer service by email and no one is answering the phone.. I've been trying to contact them about returning some accessories.. Otherwise, I haven't had any problems..

Being a local customer I have found that when the LGS showroom is busy they don't answer the phones. Not making excuses for them but that is the way it is. Try calling early when they open if you can. Let the phone ring a long time. They are swamped. Good luck.

I bought a couple stripped lowers and parts from them.
They tend to go to radio silence until your order ships, but they get you your stuff. And their stuff works fine.

PSA is a small sporting goods chain in the south east. they have a store brand line of AR15s, many of the parts are made by FN Herstal(holds US M16 contract) so they are the closest thing to milspec you can get in a budget brand AR. they used to go for $600 or so depending on model but now if you can find one for less than $800 I'd say jump on it.

since they are a store chain, not a true firearms manufacturer they don't have the greatest turn around and customer service is a bit lacking but their products are beyond reproach.

I only bought a stripped lower from them. No issues with it.

If it's just a plinker/range toy go ahead, shouldn't give you any real trouble. If you want a gun for competitions or classes/HD or to just run hard and shoot the crap out of I would look for a Colt at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back