Pale Riders Guns

Low Key

I was browsing the net looking at pictures and found something interesting. Since there are so many of us on here who like the 1858 Remington, I thought you guys might like a look at these close up. The pictures are supposed to be the actual guns used by Clint in the movie. I'll also post the website where I found these...lots of neat pics on there of other guns too.

http://www.alliancelink.com/users/frontier/srrs/photos.htm

and now the pictures:
clint01.jpg

clint02.jpg

clint03.jpg

Well, Look's to me like they were coverted to cartridge and I remember that In the movie.
Yesterday I watched the DVD my wife got me for Christmas of one of my favorite westerns ( Quigley down under) during that whole movie and all the shoot outs I only seen one cartridge gun. Right at the end Quigley took out the bad guy with a 51 Navy and the bad guy had what looked like a Dragoon.
I did see lot's of Remingtons in it and a fancy stainless Police.
The girl in the cave shooting the Dingos was useing what looked like a Walker.
Tom Selleck is well known for useing the right period gun's in his western movies and he is also a spokesman for NRA.

According to the caption on the website, these guns were converted to cartridge by Stembridge's Gun Rental.

I'm gonna have to watch Quigley again, been a while since I've seen it. I need to get that and pale rider and unforgiven on DVD some day soon. First though I'm gonna get mec's book and I'm keeping my eyes open for a copy of Sixguns for a good price (hopefully $50 or less). Maybe next month I can get the books ordered.

Tinker2,

No, "Sixguns By Keith", by Elmer Keith. I guess I got one of the last they had.

All the used book sellers want big bucks for it.

Also just bought "Hell, I Was There", by Keith, Mec's book, new, won't gyp him out the 84 cents, and "Elmer Keith,: The Other Side of an American Legend." That one's a narrative about him, I would presume after his death. Still, should be good reading.

I bought "Hell...There" used because it is a "Very Good" condition hardcover rather than the paperback at Amazon. I like bound books.

Cheers,

George

edit:spelling

Last edited:
Back