Pair of 2020 Colt Pythons

Machineguntony

I love Colt revolvers. First gun I ever bought 25 years ago was a Colt King Cobra. The only mistake I made was that next to the King Cobra was a Colt Grizzly for $150 more. The clerk tried to convince me to buy the Grizzly, but I didn’t have the money.

Colt snake guns are the most beautiful revolvers ever made. You can’t change my mind!

Now I have one to shoot, one to hang in the wall. These 2020 Pythons are works of art.

Jf4OAKm.jpg

Wow you show some restraint in buying two and only using one. Don't know that I could do that. Congratulations on your purchases.

I tried buying one to keep as a safe queen & another of the same to shoot.

That lasted about 30 seconds....

I wish you better luck at that than I had ;D

(they weren't Pythons - they were S&W M17s)

I'm a bit envious. I have three Pythons, but haven't shot them in a long time. I bought a new King Cobra and love it, so I know the new Pythons must be terrific guns. Hopefully, I'll be able to get one when things settle down a bit.

Congratulations. They do seem to be fine revolvers. I also have two of them, a 4" and a 6". I've got about 800 rounds through the 6", but haven't fired the 4" one yet. Actually I haven't fired either of them since the Conona stuff shut the range down a few months ago. It's open again now, but with the "social distancing" restrictions, it's just not worth it to go over and wait around. I'm too old for that.

Still they are fine guns. I don't regret buying them at all. My 6" one loves 357 stuff. My wife shot it once, and claims it as "hers." :) The 4" one just feels "just perfect" to me.

enhance

I'm a Smith and Wesson guy at heart, but I've got room to "minor" in Colt. I've also got one of the new Cobra's, and a 38 Trooper from 1965. Trooper came with the box and some of the papers, and I don't believe it has been fired outside the factory. I doubt I ever will either.

Last edited:
Nice catch, but to be honest, I'd have to shoot them both. I know they are highly sought after but long term I'm not sure that they will appreciate in value like the earlier Pythons.

Either way, they are too nice not to shoot at least once or twice.

Back