Pair o' Glocks

TxShooter

Picked up my first Glocks today, a G17 9mm and a G31 .357 SIG. Next up, my idea of the ultimate handgun, a SIG P226 .357, and a S&W 3913 Ladysmith for my fiancee.
The G's will be carried in a Safariland 0703 holster (that's the open-top Kydex rig with the internal spring-loaded wedge), and I'm still looking for a Safariland SSIII/070 uniform holster in Clarino for them.

All excellent except....

All the are reliable, accurate, and very well made, with my nod going to the SIG Sauer P226. Please reconsider the S&W 3913. If you're thinking NIB the profits will go to a company that sold out the 2nd Amendment and law abiding gun owners. A Glock 26 or a SIG Sauer P239 will be better choices for your fiancee. Not only because they're better made but also because you'll be supporting companies that said no to the agreement that S&W gladly accepted. If you're looking for an external safety, a valid concern, then please consider a Beretta Cougar or IMI Baby Eagle. ;)

I second Tecolote's comment and not just because S&W's a turncoat. I hope your fiancee chooses a defense pistol she can take seriously and not just a cynical marketing ploy.

Politics aside, the 3913 IS a fine weapon for defensive use...and in case no one noticed, on the USED market, the S&W autos can be purchased very reasonably....mikey357

She's pretty much settled on the Ladysmith. New or used will depend on whatever I can find in Australia. While the idea of a boycott is a noble one, let's be realistic here. S&W made their profit selling the gun to the distributor long ago. The gunshop bought the gun from their distributor, not the factory.

Thanks for

replying. I am surprised Australia allows handguns. They have a reputation in the NRA as being very antigun. It is interesting that the most hated gun (the handgun) by antigun peoples is not illegal in Australia.

Sig & Smith, why

I admit not to have used too many handguns in my life (except for the Glock 17 and a couple of .22:s). But I wonder if the S&W is such a good choice? (besides the ethical reason mentioned above) I´ve read in different magazines that it has alot more malfunctions than the Glock.

The Sig seems to be a good gun, it usually gets good reviews. Haven´t had the opportunity to shoot one yet, but the balance in the gun is in my taste. I have heard that at least one special policeunit had problems with cracks in several guns after extensive use. They used 9mm as opposed to the .357 you are going to buy. The question is if these .357:s are made with different slides (if my memory serves me right the slides where the problem) than the 9mm. Then maybe the problems will not surface. Then again heavy use may bring out the same problems.

Just the thoughts of a newbie..

Back