Packmayr grip, poor fit.

JERRYS.

its been a while since I bought pachmayr grips, but I just got in the gripper for my N frame and it is disappointing.

I have pachmayrs on all of my S&W revolvers and love the way they fit my hand, from the compacts to the open back strap versions to the full size gripper. however, this gripper I got has a slight amount of slop when fastened to my gun. I don't know how to accurately describe it other than when holding the gun by the grip, I can take move the gun about 1/8" up and down while the grip is still. this is not a loose slop, I have to put a little torque on it. Next, the grip screw is too long and protrudes from the other side when tightened. for some reason pachmayr did not install the brass washer insert/spacer in the grips screw bore. I've read that complaint before from other but figured somebody just lost it...

so, anyone disenchanted with pachmayr's quality lately?

Last edited:
no, I contacted lyman products because that's the closest thing I could find for pachmayr. no answer received, none expected after reading numerous reviews of the same thing.

I just have to find a spacer/washer that will fit. I'm done with pachmayr after this. I read all the latest gripes about them and figured it was just bad luck/a fluke on those buyers.... I now see they were right.

anyone got a line on where I can buy the .05 cent washer/spacer that pachmayr USE to included with their grips?

Back