Pachmyr grip on a S&W five shot Model 36

Wallo787

Inactive
Dear Fireliners:

Good evening:

I would like to know what you can recommend for my S&W five shot Model 36 in terms of grips, I have small hands and the Pachmyr that came with the revolver feels bulky. I've read elsewhere in the forum that the original Magna grips have a gap that affects targeting and gripping and a Taylor accessory is used to fill the gap.

I wanted to get those Magna for my revolver...

Greetings

Welcome to the forum. Many people, including myself, use magnas with a Tyler T-Grip, not a Taylor. I don't like a T-Grip on a J frame because it interferes with my draw but many/most people do and everyone is different. I do use that "system" on my K and L frames.

Hi, and welcome to the forum. You'll need to know whether your 36 has a "round butt" or a "square butt" before you start buying grips, so you get the type that will fit your gun. Hogue is another company which makes some popular grips.

These are Secret Service grips from Eagle grips. I've found them to be the best for J- and small K-Frame Smith & Wesson revolvers.

100_8883_zpsciqgcpkh.jpg

Modele 19:

100_8882_zpscdojivfl.jpg

Bob Wright

Depending on the age of your Model 36, if you wanted to go with the "vintage" look, see if you can find a set of Rogers Combat grips. They are similar to the current Hogue rubber grips, but made of a checkered hard polymer material. Be prepared to pay a tidy sum if you do find a set, as they do have something of a cult following.
Gary

Dear Fireliners:

Good evening:

I would like to know what you can recommend for my S&W five shot Model 36 in terms of grips, I have small hands and the Pachmyr that came with the revolver feels bulky. I've read elsewhere in the forum that the original Magna grips have a gap that affects targeting and gripping and a Taylor accessory is used to fill the gap.

I wanted to get those Magna for my revolver...

Greetings
I am in the same boat...I generally like Hogue grips on my shooting guns, but small hands with Pachmayr as well Hogue grips feel too bulky.
I think the grips on my M36 are Uncle Mikes. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Uncle-Mike-s-59010-Smith-Wesson-J-Frame-Grip-Uncle-Mikes-Round-Butt-Grips/283892469604?epid=1701741385&hash=item42194f4f64:g:n0kAAOSwwJ5eNbQ4

I like the Pachmyer "Grippers", as they are narroer in the width but longer on the fore & aft, they seem to fit my nicely.

Back