PA. Concealed carry laws?

CLM

Inactive
I recently got a Pennsylvania Concealed carry permit. I'm new to the state and don't know anything about the concealed carry laws. Does anyone know where I can find some info about PA. concealed carry laws? Thank you!

pafoa.org has a link to a pamphlet that explains a lot. it's is a good site with plenty of helpful people. There are not many places you can't carry in PA one you might not think of is State Parks are a no no. Yes you can carry in a bar. no you can't carry in the state capital buildings. you can't carry in courtrooms. Courts are required to have lock boxes available. Some don't but we are working on that. The law on carry in schools is fuzzy but I wouldn't recommend it. Federal property follow federal law. Packing onto a military base might get you talked about.

Thanks for the information I got my permit in Allegheny County,They didn't give me anything but the permit. When I tried to ask the lady that gave me the permit about a booklet she rolled her eyes and Yelled out "next person please." I think a rule book should to handed out with every permit.

I got a handout in Allegheny County however is yet another handout about safe firearm handling, nothing about laws and regulations.

Carry extra mags and a BUG if you go into Philadelphia. ;)

Seriously though, I am another one to recommend that site. A simple search there will get you nearly all the answers to your questions, some things which have already been stated above about where you can and cannot carry.

That site is also very politically active, notifying members about when anti gun bills are trying to be forced into legislation, etc.

PA is quite the little gem for 2A, hopefully it will stay that way. Walk into a gunstore, pick something, fill out paperwork, pay and walk out.

I recently got a Pennsylvania Concealed carry permit. I'm new to the state and don't know anything about the concealed carry laws. Does anyone know where I can find some info about PA. concealed carry laws? Thank you!

How did you get your concealed arry permit without knowing the laws...in PA do you not have to take any kinda class?

Pa Ltcf

In PA we call it a License To Carry Firearms. No Class and just a one page form. The cost is usually $25-$45 issued by the sheriff except in Philadelphia. It a Shall Issue State. We also have state preemption so we don't have a tangle of local laws. Very few places you can't carry.
No permit is needed for open carry. However, carry in your car is considered concealed carry.

I'm with hoytinak; how'd you do it?

No way would I carry a gun without knowing the laws covering said carry. Before I got my CHL in Texas, I printed out the entire state code on firearms and read it several times. I check in each year for updates ... what you don't know sure can hurt you ....

---

when they kick at your front door, how you gonna come?
with your hands on your head or on the trigger of your gun?

Back