PA Castle Doctrine

plinky

Recently Rendell vetoed the Castle Doctrine in Pa.

Stating that in a civilized society voilent and potentially deadly confrontations should not be encouraged. And that this could be
opening the doors for a shoot first ask second mentality.

As I understand it and please correct me if I'm not seeing this
clearly the difference between existing law and the new bill deals
mainly with using safe retreat when possible outside the home or
workplace.

Here's where I'd like to get some feedback; do we truly exist in a
civilized society?

Doesn't the fact that there is even discussion on "safe retreat when
possible" negate the ideology of a civilized society.

Do I think we are more civilized than we were 100 yrs ago, yes.

Do I think we are a full blown civilized society, absolutely not.

Do I think we should strive to become a full blown civilized society, I'm not so sure.

And until we become one how else is one to defend themselves.

"Bullying" exists because we allow it.

Your opinions please.

Jim

Well hopefully Tom Corbett with sign it next time around...

Do you have a link to how the PA castle doctrine is worded?

" safe retreat" in some places means jump out the window and run , leaving the criminals to take over your house . Make sure you have enough milk and cookies for them.

We should not assume anything about getting a bill similar to PA HB 1926 passed under a new congress and Governor in 2011. I am writing to my state representatives, state senators, and Gov.-elect Corbet. We all knew that Rendell would veto anything relating to firearms rights. Lets do our best to encourage the new legislature by writing - NOT e-mailing, our support for the expanded Castle Doctrine law.

The important bits looked to be on pages 5 to 8. From what I read, it didn't seem at all unreasonable. Plenty of exemptions that prevented the law from being a "license to kill" anyone entering your home.
I also do not see how it at all encourages violent confrontations...

In a TRULY CIVILIZED society, locks are not needed!!! NONE!!! Not on your house doors, not on your barn, not on your shed, not on your vehicle and not on the tool box you choose to leave in the driveway... You could leave your gas can on the driveway without fear of it being stolen!

In NORTH LAS VEGAS circa MID 70's we could leave our front door not only UNLOCKED but wide open... then one night pop's tool box grew legs and silently slipped away...

When we were in the hardware store buying padlocks... my dad said... "Boy, it is a lowlife sumbuck (I filtered that) that will help himself to something he didn't earn! And it isn't MY job to protect my goods from others.... It is their job to leave my stuff well enough alone..." He followed this by "No lock makes a crook into an honest man... they just keep the honest man honest..."

A civilized society has no career criminals... first offenders are either banished, killed or at least have their hands chopped off!

Brent

Back