P99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy V

Found a p99 in 9mm, test fired only for what I feel is a fair price (under $500 )Like 40SW better but 9mm is NATO and feel I should have a 9mm. Some either posts mentioned slide and barrel problems,still a problem? Is it worth it?

Does anyone know if the striker problem has been fixed on the P99? I've heard of several weapons that had the striker broken...

CMOS

------------------
Join GOA, NRA, LEAA and vote.

Randy-I have two P-99s (early and late units)
and have used them in combat shooting,target,and carry.
I have to say that I have never had a problem with them,but I am sure that one day I will since they are man made they will not be perfect.I have heard about pin breakage,brought about by dry firing alot without a snap-cap.
The trigger is different and can be fired very very fast with a little practice,due to its short reset(after an IDPA match I was able to fire 17 rnds in just under 2.5 sec. from a ready position at a target 25' away and dropped one point,it was so fast that the timer could only register twelve shots)
It is also ,to my knowledge , the only striker fired pistol with second restrike capability(SW99 not included).
Of all the pistols that I own(and it is more then I should)I find that I like the 99 the best. Is it the best? NO.
I just like it the best and it fits me well for 90% of my needs.
Let me say it is a 9mm,can't answer for a 40.
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back