P99 & Sprinco

Johnny Rad

I just droped a Sprinco recoil reducer (p/n 19164) into my P99 9mm and it worked beatuifully all afternoon!

Unfortunately, I heated up my Walther quite a bit and was therefore unable, err un-willing to drop the OEM guide rod spring back in for a good comparison. Regardless, the Sprinco really put a clamp on the muzzle popping up after each shot. I think the felt recoil was also reduced significantly.

What are your experiences with Sprinco recoil reducers? Anyone using / used one with a P99?

I must say I was awfully nervous firing the first round ... of course, no KB!

Johnny, please let me know how to get into contact with you. i'd be curious as to how well the recoil reducer works. i have a p-99 in 9mm as well, the recoil isn't bad, but if i can reduce it some the wife might be happier firing my gun.

Adept

Yes, the recoil is virtually eliminated! It's quite the $75 invention. Count me as convinced.

With regards to the comment from "blades67" - I have been intrigued by the claims and good publicity that Sprinco has rec'd @ the TFL and other sites and wanted to see for myself. I felt like doing something to personalize my Walther and this happened to fit the bill. Maybe some night sites next or the threaded Walther barrel from Earl's?! Anyone have some good ideas for me?

Adept - check your email.

I have about a dozen Sprinco units and they work very well in many pistols. I am quite pleased with them. One of the best things about it is the warranty that allows you to shoot it in your gun and if you don't like it send it back in 30 days for a full refund.

Johnny, thanks for the email, go check your's . also, i'd look into getting earl to do a trigger job on your's and in the striker assembly is a cam that he can also change out for you, makes the action that much smoother.

Adept

Back