P99 problems

wirenut

I own a P99 serial # 80xx. After going through some older postings I've read some alarming news. I've read about barrel and firing pin breakage. I've also read about changes to the trigger. My pistol has functioned flawlessly so far. About 1500 rounds worth. But I am wondering if I can send the pistol for these uprages / improvements. I'd like to fix my gun before it starts breaking. Is this impractical? If anyone has had these problems with low serial
# guns, please let me know what you did to resolve them. Any other suggestions regarding this issue will be greatly appreciated. Am I worrying over nothing?

I havn't had any problems with mine, and I don't expect to either!! :) :) I suspect that you fret for naught!!!!!

------------------
Just as there is no such thing as too much fun,
there is no such thing as owning just one gun!!!

Now, go do the right thing, and buy that Walther!!

Talked to George at Earls( don't know him ). I just bought a P99 serial# in 008000 ands. Mine is a nine. He says should have no slide problems,fireing pin may have. Asked about up grade of firing pin. Was informed that Walther will not up grade but should problem arise Walther will replace and upgrade for free.

Back