P99 or P99 QA can't decide?????

Greyhound Dog

Maybe I'm confused ???

I will be using the pistol for general target shooting
and home protection

Please help ... I need input from people who have struggled with this choice

Thanks
Greyhound Dog

I didn't struggle with the choice at all: P99. The QA version was not invented yet when I got mine. The only difference as I understand it is in the trigger travel. If they are the same price, then get the QA. Otherwise get the regular one. Oh BTW, I traded mine for a Glock 19. A much better pistol, IMHO!!!!

Do a search. There is recent info on your question. I would go with the QA. The regular P99 is SA/DA. The QA has a trigger action like a glock.

I bought one of the regular P99s (before the QA version was available), and sold it within six months because I didn't like the trigger at all. I don't plan to try the QA version due to that experience. But, that is not to say that the QA version is bad. I have simply decided not to invest in a P99 again.

Does this mean then, that the P99QA trigger pull is LONGER than the P99 SA trigger pull, although close to the same weight?

According to the German web site, the QA trigger is 6.5 lbs. and 1/4" pull. Feels like a Glock with a smooth trigger.

I haven't seen the QA version on sale, though the DA/SA versions usually are. The QA version to me is like a cross between a Glock and an HK USP. It has the glock trigger with the USP shape.

Back