p97 hammer bite=trade for HK-USP45f

tog

hello all, continuing problems with hammer bite on the p97 is making me want to trade it in on a usp45f
i know i will have to fork over some more change, but i am starting to build up a nice scar on the web of my hand from shooting the p97, i like it, but i dont like it that much.

oh yeah, i really really liked the grip feel of the p97 it fits better than jus tabout any other,

Same here. I liked it a lot,very accurate,reliable etc. but it bit me just enought that before I`d shot it enough to really get into it my hand was already red and tender. I traded mine on a 10mm Witness. It`s not as accurate as the Ruger but it still shoots well and it doesn`t hurt. :) Marcus

Tog

I had the same problem w/ our issue P-97s. The Chief okayed me to have the hammer ground down slightly. Another officer, a Ruger Armorer, removed the hammer and ground away some metal on the loop of the hammer below the hole on the hammer.

There is now a flat surface where the bottom of the loop is. This completely eleminated the hammer bite problem.

If you like the pistol look into trying something similar.

Good Luck.

Back