P9 IWB with thumb break- AKJ Concealco?

No4Mk1*

http://www.concealco.com/iwbt.html

I only have an Uncle Mike's holster for the P9. I am going to get another soon and am considering the AKJ Concealco IWB with thumb break. Concealment is very important to me and even more important is never seeing my pistol jump out of the holster and fall to the ground. I would like to hear opinions of this holster. The belt loop is not directly over the gun, so does this improve concealment? Is there a problem with a thumb break design on an IWB holster? Other Recommendations are welcome.
Thanks for your help.

No4MkI, I own a Concealco IWB with sweat shield for my K-9 Kahr. I would forgo the thumbreak. Your belt will hold it in fine. Yes it is flatter, due to design, than reinforced IWB styles from other manufacturers. Mine has the forward belt loop too so I can change the cant.

These are good holsters and inexpensive as holsters go.

Were I to buy another make I would go with the Milt Sparks Versa Max II. But this is nearly twice as expensive and has a reinforcing band that thickens it a bit.

thumb break

Thanks for the reply.

I notice very few holsters have a thumb break. Is this because it slows the draw, or does it make the gun more difficult to conceal?

The purpose of a thumbbreak is to help retain the pistol. If the holster is properly made the gun will be held in place while you do summersaults without it. The only holsters that I have thumbbreaks on is ankle holsters for automatics. Not necessary, but I feel better about it due to the forces generated when running and jumping.

Back