P7 Melt?

hangfar

I soon will send my PSP to Metalife and was considering rounding the front corners of the slide. The gun is very snag free, but the front corners of the slide are sharp. I usually wear it without holster. These corners could increase clothing wear. I just don't know if I can bring myself to put a file to such a work of art. What would you do? Thanks, hangfar.

If you have carried it, and are going to continue to carry it and see the need to do it, do it. If you have faith in the smith doing the shaping, why not? I don't think that these are going to have the collectable value of say, an old Colt. In fact hard chromed are fetching a premium, and it almost seems standard procedure to have it refinished.

i've carried my PSP for years without a holster, still looking for the right combo for "dress-up", and have never had a problem with wear. it looked sharp to me too and i thought about doing the same thing but never got around to it. if it bothres you do it, comfort over resale value.

on the other hand, the P7M8 mag release really bothers me, even in a blade-tech, and i'm thinking of melting the wings...it's a refurb anyway and i think that limits any "collector value"

hangfar,

I had the same problem with the mag release. I lopped off about 1/8" or so from the left side and rounded the right side some. Sure is better to carry in a belly band now!

Handed it to my son the other day and said to fire it. He couldn't. Good olde grip cocker. We then took it to the range. Is he ever spoiled. And no, I still have it - whew.

chrome vs. np3

I am going to have my P7 either NP3ed or Hard Chromed. What do you guys think about either? BTW, I agree that the edges should be rounded if you think it needs it. Thanks.

Hack away! Just a piece of metal, anyway.

I love NP3 (had my 1911 done. Thank you, Robar); not as durable as Boron or TiN, but oh so delicious!
Someday all my guns, even the stainless wheels, will wear NP3.

(I've noticed it comes out of my leather holsters smoother.)

Back