P7 Breakage

scottsk

Inactive
just wanted to share this info w/ all the P7 fans out there.

i bought a P7M13 that was a police trade-in from the utah highway patrol, paid $700. there were at least five for sale, and after a friend of mine and i examined them (he owns a P7M8)we picked the one that we felt was in the best condition.

upon returning home (with a big smile on my face, having procured my dream handgun) i began manipulating the squeeze cock device, unloaded and pointed in a safe direction of course.

to my great consternation, i noticed that the pistol was no longer cocking. after removing the slide and examining the internals, i found that a small piece (and i don't even know the part #) had broken. was i ever distressed!

luckily, the dealer allowed me to pick a different one even though there was no warranty on the trade-ins.

one thing i did notice: the pistol that broke had to have been old, it came in the old green HK cardboard box, not the newer plastic one. also, both of these pistols had been very much neglected, there was a huge amount of buildup on the gas piston, i could not believe that anyone that owned such a fine weapon would treat it in such a manner, especially since the previous owner's life depended on it every day that he was on duty! i'll never figure that one out.

still love p7's, and own another one now, just thought i would pass this along, ever happen to anyone else?........S

Well, having a low threshold for guns, I own nearly all of my "dream" guns. The P7 is a dream that I do not possess, yet. I simply can not fathom a person who owns something as fine as a P7, and then doesn't take proper care of it. I've always wanted one. However, I have to take the plunge and buy a safe. I can get a pretty nice safe for the price of a P7. I'm weary of hiding my best guns when the wife and I go out to dinner. Sigh...a safe. I gleefully spend money on a firearm, but balk at spending money on a safe.

Will

------------------
Mendacity is the system we live in.

Scottsk:

Please e-mail me info offline. I'm looking for a P7M13. Just bought a hard chromed PSP owned by an Ohio cop as his private carry.

------------------
The Seattle SharpShooter
If it can't shoot jacketed rat turds powered by mouse farts, I ain't gonna shoot it!

Scottsk: I can't imagine anyone owning such a beautifully engineered pistol and treating it as badly as the previous owner of that M13. I'm glad to hear you're giving your new M13 a good home. I've run thousands of rounds through various P series guns including the PSP, M8 and M13. They've always worked perfectly and I've never had a part break. They are, however, machines, require maintenance and will eventually wear down. I expect mine will outlast me.

JH

thanks for all the feedback on this issue,

after many "dry-manipulations" of the decock, i'm convinced that the loud "pop" you here is what broke this certain part, i'm talking about when you release the squeezer.

also, if you lookin the owners manual, it will show you that if you pull the slide back just slightly, then release the squezeer, it eliminates the "pop" sound. after a little practice it becomes second nature, try it, you guys let me know what you think...Scott

Back