P38/01 Plunger

Doc Hoy

Some time ago, I came up with a P38/01.

Took it to the range and within about half a dozen rounds the pistol misfired because the ejector spring plunger had popped out of the slide (and wound up only the good lord knows where.)

Ordered that parts. Took a long time to get them and indeed the plunger was the wrong part. Apparently two different designs for the plunger/spring components and the people who sell the parts don't know enough to ask which one the buyer needs.

I wound up making the part from a welding rod.

You have to look at these pichers in reverse order to get the right sequence.

Last edited:
Here is the final part..

The plunder to the left is the one I had to make.

It was a long time between putting the pistol back together and taking it for a test drive.

The test happened on Saturday. Ran fifty rounds through the pistol without a single problem.

I love the way this pistol shoots. The sight picture is very good for my eyes. Trigger pull is nice.

I used my hand loads with Unique and got good performance (as good as I am able to get which means the pistol outperformed me.)

I love this pistol.

Very nice...I had to do something similar for my son's FEG PA-63 a couple of years ago when he lost both the extractor and plunger at some point during an (outdoor) shooting session. We were able to find a compatible extractor but no plunger. Your part looks so much better than mine however; I think I used a nail and a dremel to make it but it has worked fine since.

Thanks all....

To IFS,

I wonder if this problem is at all common.

To 44AMP

Thanks a lot for moving the post. I meant to put it here in the first place.

Back