P365 Range Report

Schlitz 45

Took my new P365 out this morning after fondling it for a week. Put 220 rounds down range, 20 SIG V-Crown 124gr, 100 SIG 124 FMJ's, & 100 Federal aluminum case 115gr FMJ's-ran like a machine with zero problems. Couple of things I learned about the 365 today-I can draw & fire this gun with gloves on, it functions perfectly in -3 degree temperatures, strips quick & cleans up easy & the magazines are the easiest I have to open up & clean. Tore up a B25 target from 25' pretty good-not my best but considering how cold it was, shooting with gloves on, sometimes not being able to see the target when I exhaled but kept on shootin'-it's acceptable. With gloves on I couldn't tell much difference between the 12 round & 10 round mags. Dug a couple of casings out of the snow & there is some firing pin drag across the primers-more pronounced on the SIG round that the Federal for some reason, but no issues.
This will fill in nicely between my SIG 938 & G19. Looking forward to getting out again & hopefully it will be a bit warmer then.
rrK50xhl.jpg

W6knEgil.jpg

t9l6eTbl.jpg

I have about 900 through mine, one stoppage probably due to my reloads. I really like everything about it, save for one thing...the mag release. It's contoured with the grip?

It's contoured with the grip?

Pocket pistol ergonomics can be problematic. I agree the mag release is not the best I have seen on a handgun.

With most EDC pocket pistol mag release designs, I have experienced one of two extremes. First the controls are large enough to manipulate easily which leads to inadvertent magazine release while the pistol is being carried or drawn.

To prevent that, some designs go with a smaller controls which leads to difficulty in manipulating them. Now the shooter has to deal with the small physical size of the pistol leading to his own hands inducing malfunctions AND a small difficult to operate control.

I have found that my hands almost always interfere in magazine changes with the SIG P365 magazine. I have yet to have a inadvertent magazine release while carrying. I carry strong side IWB using SIG kydex holster.

I have found that the good habits I developed in the Army have prevent that interference from being an issue. As I sweep the empty with the new magazine and it falls away...I think.."Huh? That would have hung up had I not done that sweep."

Makes me feel good because usually the thought is "Why did I do that because once again, the old magazine has left the well..."

Back