P365 FCU Durability & Expected Lifespan

jackstrawIII

Hey,

I’ve had an original P365 for several years. It’s always been great, but wanted something with a bit larger grip. Finally discovered the Wilson Combat grip modules and ordered one.

It’s great.

But, after removing the FCU (fire control unit) from the original grip frame, I have some concerns. Namely, I’m very surprised how little holds the FCU into the grip module on a P365. It’s one pin, way back in the frame. The rest of it just sits there. No pins, catches, levers, etc.

This seems really weak to me? Especially since it seems like the recoil forces will work hardest on the front of the frame section where the barrel wants to rise after the shot… which is the weakest part of this whole system.

So, here’s my question. What is the life expectancy of a P365? How many rounds can this type of system handle before bending, warping, etc?

The LCP/P3AT, the original modular FCU, is only held in by two plastic pins and the main hammer spring STREEETCH all the way to the bottom of the back of the grip to only latch onto a tiny piece of plastic.

While both have their share of broken guns, I've never heard of a FCU falling out of an LCP or P3AT.

Really, there isn't another polymer gun that doesn't come part (in pieces) pretty much the same mechanisms.

I am about to install a Grayguns short reset kit on a new HK P2000. While the trigger isn't coming out, all the hammer pieces are and it's one pin holding it in. A variant of the USP, the Tonka of all handguns :)

Here is my old P3AT I switched from a black grip to a grey grip. Two plastic pins.
Nj6cBocm.jpg

Last edited:
Back