P365 AIWB holsters

OhioGuy

I tried a P365 in a single clip holster and found that if it rides high enough that I can get a good grip, the muzzle is so short that it just flops out over my belt.

Any recommendations for a holster that avoids this?

I tried a P365 in a single clip holster and found that if it rides high enough that I can get a good grip, the muzzle is so short that it just flops out over my belt.

Any recommendations for a holster that avoids this?
What if you try a holster made for an XL? It would still work, but it would have a bit more material below to maybe offset the problem (I do similar by using a G26 in a G19 holster). JM Custom Kydex has a number of options for that. Whatever company you go with, look for sales Friday and Monday.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What if you try a holster made for an XL? It would still work, but it would have a bit more material below to maybe offset the problem
This. Contrary to popular belief, longer guns AIWB better than short ones.

If not a longer gun, just order a longer holster. I contacted Werkz Holsters about my AIWB holsters and they were glad to make the holster a little longer for me.

AIWB also gets uncomfortable when the gun has more leverage over the belt than below. Augmenting that longer holster with a foam wedge helps comfort and concealability too (Google yoga block modification)

Also make sure to get a holster that has clips with height and cant adjustments.

I use the SIG kydex holster:

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/sig-sauer-p365-iwb-carry-holster.html

It is the only kydex holster I have actually liked. Always used leather and prefer it. Nice thing is the SIG holster is comfortable and retains it shape for re-holstering IWB.

Are you using a good gun belt? It is a must to have good solid foundation for your draw and keeps the gun from flopping over.

While I have several for my causal and work attire my favorite casual belt is:

https://www.511tactical.com/trainer-belt-1-12-wide.html

Are you using a good gun belt? It is a must to have good solid foundation for your draw and keeps the gun from flopping over.
Another great point.

I'm using a Nexbelt and really like it.

AIWB depends a lot on one's build but being 6'3" and 200# I have found my Vedder LightTuck to be the best I have ever owned. Lots of adjustments make it the perfect holster for my P365.
BTW, the "claw" is very useful at moving the grip end towards the body.

20180819_101007.jpg

AIWB depends a lot on one's build but being 6'3" and 200# I have found my Vedder LightTuck to be the best I have ever owned. Lots of adjustments make it the perfect holster for my P365.

BTW, the "claw" is very useful at moving the grip end towards the body.

20180819_101007.jpg
I've had Vedder holsters before. Their customer service seems excellent. Many of the makers now use a claw. You're right about body type. I'd like to lose 10 lb or so (at least 5) to really feel like AIWB would work better for me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I have a Vedder with the claw for my Walther PPS. I've had a problem with the claw getting hooked under my belt. Other claw style holsters I've owned have the claw up in line with the belt clip, but Vedder's (as seen in the above photo) ride low and only the upper half (or less, depending on model) actually is in line with the belt.

Do you find that the claw helps keep the gun from flopping forwards over the belt line?

I have a Vedder with the claw for my Walther PPS. I've had a problem with the claw getting hooked under my belt. Other claw style holsters I've owned have the claw up in line with the belt clip, but Vedder's (as seen in the above photo) ride low and only the upper half (or less, depending on model) actually is in line with the belt.

Do you find that the claw helps keep the gun from flopping forwards over the belt line?
Why I sold mine..the 'claw' was too low, didn't push against the belt but pushed below the belt..Lotsa adjustability tho..easy to sell..

Back