p32 disassembly ?

jeffrx

Inactive
I am considering the purchase of one of these "mouse guns" and would like to know if the takedown and cleaning is a pain in the rear. Thank you in advance for any comments- jeffrx

Pull slide back, remove pin, take slide off, remove recoil springs and guide rod from the slide(one step), remove barrel.

Yep, okay, it did take longer to explain than to do :)

Holding the pistol in my right hand, I use my index finger over the top to hold the slide back while I pull the pin.

John

Worthy of note - there's a little plastic gizmo with a hole in it that holds the front end of the guide rod in place. This *will* fall out of the slide after you remove the rod and spring. This is OK but the first time it happens, it worries all owners. It's supposed to do that. Just put it back in its little slot when you reassemble.

Believe that is called the recoil spring catch. Mine fell off the first time I disassembled and I thought I had broken something.
I would worry about a newbie taking the slide off and not notice it fall off onto, say carpet, where you won't hear the noise and then try to reassemble and not be able to figure out what's wrong.

Back