P239: "Perfect Reliability!" (Stand aside M1911!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogger

I can't recall one comment on TFL where anyone has ever mentioned having a failure to fire with a P239 in 9mm or .357Sig.

Has ANYONE had one? Is the P239 REALLY that good?

I hope to purchase one next week in 9mm...

Dogger - I keep track of the number of rounds and the number of malfunctions for each gun I own. My P239 is the only gun (other than bolt action rifles) that has 0's down that column. The others don't fail a lot but they aren't zero (most of my malfs are usually ammo related).

Don't own a P239, so I can't comment on its reliability, but I've put over 6K rounds through my SA 1911 in the year that I've had it and I've never had a FTF.

As an owner of both the P239 and 1911s, I can assure you that both of mine are reliable feeders! I like my P239 for concealed carry, and I find the BOTTLE-NECK .357SIG to be a very good design for reliable feeding...

My WILSON COMBAT 1911 is my favorite pistol, but I rarely use it for a carry gun, it's just to $$$ to put wear and tear on!

Hopefully the .357SIG cartridge will catch on and not go the way of the 10MM. Right now it is very pricey and uncommon in comparison to the BIG THREE (.45ACP, .40S&W, and 9MM). If you go with the .357SIG P239 you can go between two cals the .40 and .357SIG! A real plus! I don't even own a 9MM. It is a good cartridge, I just don't feel comfortable with it as a self-defense round! The price and availability of the 9mm is the best of the major auto cals, but its reputation as a man stopper are nothing in comparison to my FAV auto cartridge... the .45ACP!

And yes the P239 is that GOOD! I forsee it as being SIGs most popular carry gun for the CIVILIAN market!!!

------------------
SURE SHOT

I own the 9mm & .357 Sig 239. Both have been totally flawless and both are very accurate. In 1911s, for the money you can't beat the S&W 945. Regards, Dennis

FWIW, I own four SIGs - 232(.380), 239, 226, 228 (the rest are 9mm) - I have NEVER had a misfeed or failure to feed in any of them. The 239 is the newest, with several hundred rounds thru, the rest are in the low 1000's. So far, so good. M2

My SIG 239 will not feed (at all) Cor-Bon 9mm 90gr +P JHP's. It fails to feed them properly on every other round. My guess is that the SIG is failing under protest because a 90gr 9mm is a stupid, short little round and I should've had better sense then to buy them in the first place ;). Other then that, it works flawlessly. No problems at all with +/- 1000 rounds of "real" ammo.

P239 in 9mm is 8 round single stack. in .40 and .357 Sig I believe it drops to a 7 round single stack mag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back