P238 Holster Help...

smokehouse4444

I've looked and looked, but just decided to write here for some opinions. I had an old Colt Mustang, and recently purchased a SIG P238 Equinox. I have a Stays-Put holster that I can either use IWB or pocket. On occasions, however, I would want one with a clip. The little Uncle Mike's is an easy answer, but I kinda wanted a little more. Here is what I am looking for, and some things I do not necessarily want. I generally carry cross-draw. Your opinions are appreciated.

Wants: Very thin, ultra light, strong single clip, sits the handgun up high, non-abrasive material.

I thought about leather holsters, but they seem to often be very expensive and quite bulky. The ultra thin Kydex holsters look interesting, but I wonder how abrasive they are to the finish. The Remora with a clip could be great, but the material is fairly thick.

Thoughts?

I think I ordered my Kydex holster from Sig. The 238 wan't out very long when I ordered it, but I'm happy with it. It's light, hard plastic (if kept clean won't scratch), keeps the pistol pretty much centered mid-belt, and close to the body, and it has a belt clip.

A little follow-up here. I went ahead and bought some Remora holsters with a clip and so far...I'm very pleased.

I bought two Remora Clip Holsters with full sweat guard...one for the SIG P238 and one for the Kahr CM9. The clip holsters are very useful with the scrubs I wear on a daily basis, along with the light shorts I am often wearing after the gym. The sticky fabric seems to hold it in place well, while the clip insures it doesn't slide down. The handgun sits fairly high as well, which I like. I like the full sweat guard because it seems to be quicker to get my thumb between the gun and the holster, instead of my skin. As a "WTH", I went ahead and bought one of the little Micro Clip holsters for the P238, which was on sale, and I must say I like how small and simple it is. Very small, sticks, has the clip to insure it doesn't fall from non-belted bottoms.

Really like them both so far.

One more follow-up for the record...in case anyone is thinking of buying any of these holsters. I bought two Remora clip holsters for my Kahr CM9 and SIG P238. I generally wear these with scrubs or light gym shorts, but on occasion I have worn them with regular shorts/jeans/belt.

They work very well for the scrubs and shorts, helping to keep the gear in place. I have found, however, that the Remora material is much more irritating to my skin as compared to the Sticky\StaysPut holster material. I still will wear the Remora's sometimes with regular pants/belts as I like the full sweat shield, but I find that in many ways I prefer how simple and comfortable the Sticky is with the CM9 and the StaysPut is with the P238. So for the reason I bought the Remora clips, they work well...but they are rougher on the skin.

As far as the Micro-Clip, I almost immediately found out that I should only wear it with pants/belt. In scrubs or gym shorts, the holster will fairly easily flip upside down underneath your pants, leaving you looking like you are grabbing your junk to keep it from possibly falling out. I had this happen twice; once getting out of my truck, and once while walking around in a store. I do like this simple little holster with pants/belts, but never again with scrubs/shorts.

I have a P238 I also carry with Kusiak holsters, it is an IWB with a strong single clip. I appendix carry most of the time sine I ordered it with the built in extra mag pouch. sometimes I forget I am wearing it, it is very comfortable for me. It is genuine leather, and it is not that expensive. should check it out. www.kusiakleather.com ..

Back