P229 vs Glock 31

Status
Not open for further replies.

tikifrei

Inactive
What are your oppinions on the Sig P229 vs the Glock 31 in .357 sig? How do they compare with regards to durrability, strength, accuracy and reliability? Also does anyone know what agencies are using either as their sidearm? The weapon will be used for home defense so concealability is not an issue.

Thanks

Greetings, There is no comparison; the Sig
P229 wins hands down. Several agencies issue
the P229, in various calibers. I'm in Alabama, one of the southern most sheriff's
departments use's the .40S&W caliber.

------------------
Ala Dan

"How do they compare with regards to durrability, strength, accuracy and reliability?"

Durability? GLOCK.

Strength? GLOCK.

Accuracy? Sig for bech accuracy, Glock for practical accuracy.

Reliability? Both are very reliable, but Glocks are known to be a bit more reliable.

The Sig 229 is way cool, but I cannot buy one because I like the Glock better. I hate the high bore axis on the Sig, and you will notice a difference in muzzle flip because of this. The Sig also has that horrible DA trigger. I could not hit anything with the Sig, so it does not matter if it is supposed to be a little more accurate from a bench, the Glock is more combat accurate because of the consitent trigger and low muzzle flip. The Sig is a nice gun and fun at the range, but the Glock is a real combat handgun. JMHO.

------------------
"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero"
- Jack, Fight Club

The glock 31 is a good gun...

The SIG P229 is a GREAT GUN.

One is no more reliable than the other...

Both are durable...

I find the SIGs to be more accurate...

The last post says that he does not like the DA trigger on the SIG. The SIG is a DA/SA weapon, unless you order it in DAO configuration. glocks are DAO weapons, and I cannot stand the triggers on them. The glock trigger is anything but smooth. SIGs have the of the smoothest triggers of the "BIG THREE" (SIG, HK, GLOCK).

The P229 has been adopted by many state, local, & federal LE agencies. Perhaps, the most notable carrier of this weapon is the United States Secret Service whom recently replaced their SIG P228 9mm's for P229s in .357SIG.

As far as the glock 31 vs. SIG P229...

I would pick the P229 everyday of the week, & twice on Sunday.

------------------
SURE SHOT

Whenever somebody comes up with a question like this, I take it that they are inexperienced. If I'm wrong, please excuse. The Glock is much better for someone starting out, low maintenance, accurate, reliable. SIG is an afficianado's pistol. Only some people like 'em and they like 'em a lot!

James Montes, with all due respect, S&W would have to come somewhere in the Big Three when it comes to automatic pistols crunchenticker type. They sold more than HK and SIG put together, I believe. I do not endorse them, but think credit is due where credit is due.

------------------
45 ACP: Give 'em a new navel!

[This message has been edited by BigG (edited November 29, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by BigG (edited November 29, 1999).]

Try them both out at a range if you can. See which one you shoot best and like the others have said, you really can't go wrong with one or the other!

Try them both out at a range if you can. See which one you shoot best and like the others have said, you really can't go wrong with one or the other!

BIG G.

In reference to the BIG THREE...

I am not refering to sales. I am sure there are lots of autos out there that beat the sales of the "BIG THREE." Especially $HKs and $SIGs. In terms of performance out of the box auto loaders these three manufactures are tops (SIG, HK, & GLOCK). It is evident buy there track record and performance! I think Smith makes good guns... I do not think there autos are as a good as any made by the "BIG THREE," no matter how many they sell.

------------------
SURE SHOT

Oh, in that case, James, you forgot the Colt Gummint Model! as #1 of the Big 3, an obvious oversight! :)

------------------
45 ACP: Give 'em a new navel!

Red Bull wrote:
"The Sig is a nice gun and fun at the range, but the Glock is a real combat handgun. JMHO."

What he said, but brand reversed :)

My vote is for the 31. Nothing against Sigs, just happen to like Glocks more.

Excellent round, excellent firearm.

[This message has been edited by grapeshad (edited November 29, 1999).]

BIG G.

The COLT GOVT MODEL like all great 1911s are not in the "BIG THREE" either. Like all really great 1911s they... "ARE IN A CLASS BY THEMSELVES!"

I don't push 1911s to much because the less people own them, the more I like mine!!! So let's keep the 1911 a "SECRET" and let the "masses" buy there GLOCKs, SIGs, & HKs...

What they don't know, won't hurt'em.

Icks ney on the 1911 say!

------------------
SURE SHOT

[This message has been edited by James Montes (edited December 01, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by James Montes (edited December 05, 1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back