P229 RX Legion Jams

Jeryray

I have a 1 month old 229 RX. I have about a thousand rounds through the gun.

When using my berrys 124g flat nose I have intermittent jams. It's better now but still does not load the round smoothly.

The same rounds work fine on my P226 and P226 legion. Never a jam.
Attached is a photo that shows were the round gets hung up on the ramp.

I have polished the ramp. Helped a little. Tried MY P226 mags, seems to load better. Of course the 124g round nose feed Ok. My OAL is within SAMMI specs.

Any Ideas?

Attachments

• sigp229rx.jpg
    sigp229rx.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 42
Is there a pressing need to shoot the flat nose rounds in that gun?

If it were my gun and it was 100% reliable with other ammo, I'd just stop using the one loading that jammed in the gun and use ammo it likes.

Is there a pressing need to shoot the flat nose rounds in that gun?

If it were my gun and it was 100% reliable with other ammo, I'd just stop using the one loading that jammed in the gun and use ammo it likes.
Agree, my Gen 5 Glocks didn't like 147 and 124 grain flat nose bullets, so I just switched to loading round nose, run fine.

Not that it's terribly relevant but my 226 Legion is also not at all picky about ammo. Probably would run a backwards loaded round a la HK

I could see why it'd bother you for EDC. I'd want my EDC to eat anything I put in it. And mine do.

But in this case if it's with training ammo, I'd just use different training / target ammo. Especially if it eats everything else fine.

Back