P229 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonAR

Inactive
Anyone know what a new Sig P229 is going for nowadays. I have a used one I am thinking about selling. The pistol was so well taken care of before I got it, it looks brand spankin new. Obviously I won't get a new price for it but I'd still like to know. Thanks in advance.

------------------

The day we lose the 2nd amendment is the day we have the 2nd revolution!!

It depends on the region that you buy one in prices vary. In Missouri they range from $550 to $700 new in box.Depending on the finish and wear, which you say is excellent. you should be able to get close to the $500 mark/ If you have hi-cap magazines /night sights you can raise the price even more sig sauer P229 mags sell for around $80-$100 Hope that this helps in some way

I was at the Houston Astrohall gun show a couple of weeks ago. NIB was $529, there was a couple of used ones 98% in box with papers, Hogue grips, night sights, $479 and they were not moving. I bought mine the same way for $500 but that was when they were trying to get $689 for them new.

In December of 95 our area here in Alabama
had several police departments approve the
use of the Sig P229 in .40S&W. You could
not find one; as the market dried up fast.
Finally, I found one NIB complete with the
Siglite night sight's. It cost me $760.00
plus tax. I still have the gun and it is
semi retired; in favor of a high capacity
Glock Model 23 in .40S&W.

------------------
Ala Dan

My husband traded in his P229 a couple of months ago and got $450 for it and his was in excellent condition, less than 1000 rounds through it, no mars on finish. In our area (TX) I've seen used ones sell for $500-$550, blued finish, no night sights or Hogues.

Good luck!

DOH! you asked for new price. They sell for about $550 or $600 new here.

[This message has been edited by Darthmaum (edited September 03, 1999).]

I sold my used P229 .40S&W for 500$ in Mesa, Arizona. I had put 1100 rounds through it. However, SIG Sauer P229 pistols sell high in the Phoenix metro area. I found a NIB P220 .45ACP K-Kote for 629$ a week ago. To put that in perspective, the average price for a blue SIG P220 .45ACP is about 650$. My point is that if you find an impulsive buyer, you can get 500-600$ for your SIG, and if you are patient you can find a sweet deal.

------------------
May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

~Blades~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back