P229 - 9mm Barrel

Ed Ely

Q & A? About the P229 - I have the .357Sig and the .40cal barrel and they are a snap to exchange either way (about a quick 20 seconds if I am in a hurry). My question, and this is only my second post to the list, is the 9mm barrel conversion for the P229 from Bar-Sto or other, just a drop in like the other barrels mentioned above? Also, does the present magazine, I have 10 round and high caps, take on the 9mm round? I have seen mention about the 9mm magazine on this list that some use the magazine in 9mm made for the P228.

Please educate me!

Well,

I know some makers are manufacturing barrels for Glocks that drop in the 40 or 357 frames. They do this by increasing the od of the barrel to fit the slide. i would guess if I was going to talk to anybody about this Bar-Sto would be the place to go.

As far as mags go,the 228 mags should work.

One thing to be cautious of,imo, is to make sure that the ejector in the 40/357 gun is ok to use with 9mm ammo. Might want to check with Sig on that one. I have always had good luck with the folks there.

Sig will tell you hell no, don't try to convert a 40/.357 to 9mm. The ejectors are different, and I think the extractors too. Anyway,they won't honor the warranty if you do. Oh, the magazines are slightly different around the mag lips. You can put a 9mm in a 40 mag, but it sort of wallows around there.

Back