P225s and P228s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogger

Had a P225 and sold it. Stupid move. Hard to find now. Have never owned or fired a P228. Am thinking a new or used P228 might be easier to find than a used P225. Not counting ammo capacity, is there anything about the P228 that makes it a superior CCW to the P225? Carry ammo will be standard pressure 9mm (probably Federal Nyclad). Thanks!

Both great guns. I'm looking for either one myself. Already having the 226 I can use the same mags in the 228. However, I sure like the looks of the 225 and with the slim grip my wife would could probally handle it a little easier. I just might have to get both. You can still find new in the box 225's at gun shows(here in TX)

Good luck!

Joe

Be sure to look at the 229 while you're at it.

Ben

------------------
AOL IM: BenK911
ICQ # 53788523
"Gun Control Is Being Able To Hit Your Target"

Hmmm, hadn't thought about finding a NIB P225 at a gun show. I live in Northern Virginia... will have to keep my eyes open and visit the next one... thanks. :)

I have a P225 and a P228. Both are good pistols. But I prefer the P228 because its grip is a lot more comfortable for me. For concealed carry, the P228 is of course a little bulkier in the grip, but IMHO not enough to matter.

I love my P225. They are not at all hard to find used, there are a bunch of used (very good cond) P225's right now at K-Y Imports for $329. This is what I paid for mine and is a good deal IMHO. Better hurry, they don't have very many.

Rather than forking out the $$$$$ on a P228 check out the Dlask D-394. Josed Dlask, a former engineer with CZ, is making a P228 clone in Canada, you can even use P228 mags and parts in it. I did find the thin, cheap, plastic grips, not to my liking, but at $249 NIB from SOG I think I can over look this one fault. If you want one with a steel frame you will have to wait, it will not be released until the end of the year.

[This message has been edited by Jeff OTMG (edited November 07, 1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back