+P or +P+ thru a CX4 Storm?

Dragger34

Can a Beretta CX4 Storm Carbine fire +P or +P+ ammo routinely? How often should you keep the practice limited to with these rounds?

Page 66 of Owners Manual
Warning
The extended use of +P and +P+ ammunition may decrease the minor components service life expectancy. Do not use sub machine-gun ammunition
because the chamber pressure may reach or exceed proof load pressure.

It's a modern firearm, so I'd say it would be safe.

The average Joe is probably not going to be shooting enough +P on a regular enough basis to significantly degrade the integrity of a modern firearm. I would guess that you use mostly ball ammo for practice at the range. Unless your shooting a significant amount of defensive ammo on regular basis, I think you're Okay. ;)

Last edited:
It's a modern firearm, so I'd say it would be safe.

Most pistol caliber carbines are "Blow Back" operated. +p and +p+ are going to be very hard on your bolt and receiver. You stand a good chance of damaging the gun as well as voiding your warranty.

Jim

Jim makes a solid point. ;)

The quote I listed was taken directly from Beretta owners manual. I guess the question would be what constitutes "extended use"?

I still contend that if you are only using +P on a limited basis you should be Okay. But there is no denying hi-pressure rounds are harder on a firearm.

Back