+P+ ammo

I picked some up at a gunshow awhile back and keep it loaded in my Taurus M85CH. Trying looking at Milwall over at http://www.miwallcorp.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv They have some Federal Premium 38 Special 110gr Hydra-Shok Personal Defense, 20 rds listed. I would email them first since they always don't have what they show on their web site in stock.

Glockten,

Chearper-than-dirt has 110 grain Winchester JHPs in .38 Special, but only in standard pressure.

FYI, .38 Special +P+ is to be used only in revolvers chambered for the .357 Magnum. Pressures are in the .357 range and it should not be used in standard .38 revolvers, even in medium and heavy frame guns, and certainly not in small frame guns. It is strictly a "political" load, which gives police armed with .357 revolvers magnum velocity and energy while the politicians can claim that the police use only .38 Special and not that "awful, overpowered" .357.

If you are planning to use it in a .38, best not to. If you are planning to use it in a .357, there are several .357 loads that are equivalent or better.

Jim

Jim,

I intended to use it in a 686. I agree, the +P+ loads are basically .357 Mags in a .38 Spl. case.

Apparently, this load is no longer produced by Winchester, so I'll just keep checking gun shows for it.

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

Back