P-95 and +P ammo

Frosty

Will shooting +P ammo such as Cor-Bon thru my P-95 Ruger shorten it`s life? The manual says that high velocity ammo is OK. Is this the same as +P ammo? The phrase "+P" isn`t mentioned anywhere in the owners manual.

I'm not from Ruger, BUT...

I'd say no. Most manuals have specific prohibitions against shooting +P rated ammo. If Ruger doesn't, it's a safe bet that it will be no problem. If it does develop into a problem don't worry. You send the gun back to Ruger and they make it right. If the P-95 was designed as well as all other Rugers on the market, the gun might just laugh at you if you DON'T use +P in it!!!

You won't have ANY problems with your P-95 with +P ammo. They're just covering their butts. I personally never felt ANY recoil difference either. The Cor-Bon 115 +P I shot through my Kel-Tec was great, it just wouldn't feed the damned things. There was NO muzzle flash. I say go for it.

Ben

The P95 was tested to 20,000 rounds of +P+ ammo a couple years ago and showed NO appreciable signs or wear or loss of accuracy. I think your P95 will outlive you.........

Those Rugers can handle +P+ ammo by the caseload with no problem. Rugers are argueably the toughest semi autos on the market, so shoot all you want and don't look back:)

Back