OWB Holster for Sig P938 suggestions

Chadk

would love to hear your suggestions for OWB carry of the little Sig.

Not looking for any custom leather work or anything real expensive. Just a daily holster.

i agree, this is pretty much what I am looking for, but the clip that came with it wont fit around my belt. My belt is too thick.

thinking either clip or paddle. I also think it should have a sweat shield at the very least depending on how tight it is... I have the one with the real aggressive grips that would rub you raw if they could.

I use a N82 IWB holster, but want an OWB option for it.

Look at the "Blade-tech" line of kydex. Other kydex options might include the Blackhawk "serpa" line. Both with and w/o the finger lock. Good holsters at a good price. Ive used the Serpa extensively as a daily carry holster while working overseas. Its my choice for "work" holsters

Others might conceal a bit better though. Just google kydex holsters and a BUNCH will show up

Ive also used "Raven concealment" and "G code". Both make good products

My belt is a regular Dillon thick belt. I have a couple of Kydex holsters as well as a Blackhawk Serpa. Those will all fit over my belt. What is so different about the belt you use? If it is thin enough to thread through belt loops, your holster ought to fit over the belt. Maybe I am missing something here. The holster for the P938 is a snug fit for sure but it does fit. I can fit it over the top,or feed the belt in from the side. I had to test mine by fitting the holster to the belt before fitting it to the belt while wearing the belt. Mine is freeing up some now but it is tight.

Ryman Holsters makes a really nice clip-on, leather holster, and he has one for the SIG P938.

The holster is suede lined and has a screw that allows adjustment of the pistol retention.

I've looked at a lot of holsters for the P938, and the Ryman Quick Clip leather OWB holster was the best clip-on holster I could find. It's small, easy to clip onto a belt, the clip is strong enough to retain the holster when you draw the pistol.

i was reading the post's to my Significant Other last night. Read the Ryman suggestion. she went online and bought it.... Guess I got one... I'll letcha know now i like it.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I spend HOURS yesterday looking at Holsters. I probably wouldnt have paid a hundred dollars for a holster.......but she did...

Please do let us know how that works out with pics please.

Just a friendly word of advice: Don't let your significant other getaway from you. She sounds like a real keeper!:D

As another suggestion - I carry two additional magazines for my P938, and wanted an easy on / easy off system for the magazines. I ended up with a Blue Force Gear Double Pistol Belt Pouch.

The pouch uses hook-and-loop to fasten around the belt and the nylon pouches are stretchy to retain the magazines. The pouch is flat until you put a magazine in it, so it's the thickness of the magazine when loaded and easy to conceal worn OWB.

Cobra hybrid

After stripping myself getting out of a raised 4wd in a parking lot while wearing the stock Sig holster, I went looking for something more secure.
I found the Wright Leather Works cobra hybrid and couldn't be happier with the options and workmanship.

I use Don Hume's holsters for my 1911's, they place the gun high enough on my belt that packing a gun all day is a breeze, plus they position the gun where I can access it quickly.

Best Regards
Bob hunter

I found the Wright Leather Works cobra hybrid and couldn't be happier with the options and workmanship.

I use Don Hume's holsters for my 1911's, they place the gun high enough on my belt that packing a gun all day is a breeze, plus they position the gun where I can access it quickly.

Originally, he asked for a clip-on holster. If we're including ones over $100 with snap belt loops, that opens up a whole new level like -

Ryan Grizzle Georgia Snap 2, TT Gun Leather, Brigade Gunleather, etc.

I have a custom Brigade holster that is convertible for either OWB or IWB use and a custom belt. Troy Harp does fine custom leather, you just have to get in line and not mind the wait - which is why I would not recommend Brigade for someone in a hurry.

I have leather holsters from Ryan Grizzle, TT Gun Leather, Don Hume, El Paso Saddlery, and DM Bullard.

I know what good custom leather holsters look like and what they cost.

Believe me, for a clip-on holster, the Ryman is a well designed, nicely made holster with a 1-week delivery time. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and workmanship.

Last edited:
i received my Ryman holster this past Friday. I was able to wear this rig most of the weekend.

The leather seems to be good heavy quality. The pistol fits in the holster perfectly. I enjoyed the fairly easy ON-OFF of the clip.
I am very happy with this holster.

I will say....... The showing side of the holster seems to be begging for some sort of pattern or design, maybe I'll find something for that down the road.

DmZcrt

24522690201_7c8eb3f642_k.jpg
[/url]Untitled by kellnerc, on Flickr[/IMG]

OWB Band Carry optons

I carry my 380 in OWB Belt slide holster that is custom molded for what ever gun type you order for. I have one in Dark Black and one in Caramel Tan and they are both very great quality leather and very nice looking. I purchased them on Ebay from the daltechforce store. I have recently ordered more leather holsters and a gun belt from them and when I get them I will do pictures and post for all to see.

Last edited:
Back