Overall gun weight

ZVP

before building my HD Shotgun, I looked at quite a few factory built guns first, They ranged from 5 shot 20ga, Pistol Gripped guns to 9 shot long barreled Pumps.
The little Pistol grips frlt out of control, like you couldn't aim them decisively!
The large 9 round, long barrels were gngly and hard to sqing in tight quarters and the weight of a full magazine hanging WAY out there in front made the gun seem slow to point.
I decided on a short barreled 6 shot for my project gun.
I cut the barrel to 191/2" and removed the shell restrictor to alloq a full magazine load.
What I ended up with was a center balanced, relativelly light full wood stocked Shotgun, I chose a Pump because of the mechanical reliability. Cylinder bored barrel.
The only "extra" was to add a slip-on recoil pad and nothing else was hung on the Shotgin to leep aimple and do away with snags.
It swings easilly in halls and tight areas and the neutralbalance makes it quoixk to sholder and point!
Just my idea of how to do it...
BPDave

It's a Mossnerg "Dealer gun manufactured as a Mossnerg. Westerenfirld or what ever dealer subcontracted a deal with them. Very good, full service qquaality!
Just as Big-5 seems to have Spec'd 'd the Maverick bars (?).
I was elated to locate mine since my first Shotgun was a 12 ga made by Stevens for JC PENNY'S Inc.
ANother nice gun...
BPDave

Back