Our Future

Ed Brunner

On Friday I attended graduation ceremonies for a class of law enforcement officers and had the opportunity to talk to a lot of gun-toting conservatives.And YES there are a lot.
Im talking flag-waving,honest to God American
men and women.
The summary is that WE need to elect people who are brave enough to put it on the line to uphold the Constitution.Many years ago I took such an oath and to this day it is one of the most profoundly significant things that I have ever done.I know that many of you feel the same.
We are very close to losing it all.The Constitution is in great danger. Our rights will soon be gone unless we can turn this around.I know there are people who believe that it is already too late,but seeing the group I saw Friday makes me believe that we can still do it.
We have to become political activists and support OUR candidates.I dont know any other way.
I dont like ANY of the Presidential 2000 candidates except Dan Quayle and Alan Keyes and I dont know that either could get elected. We have to get started. We have to pick a candidate and get the process moving.

------------------
Better days to be,

Ed

Ed, that sounds good. As many of you know, I'm a real 'green pea' with firearms. But, the most amazing thing I've learned in my classes is not the safety rules, sight picture, ammo, shooting positions or any of the rest. The most amazing thing I have learned is that many, and maybe most LEO's do NOT want honest civilians disarmed and defenseless. Everyone I've met in classes, whether they are city PD, state troopers or BATF, they all admit in a heartbeat that they cannot save civilians from crime fast enough to prevent injury or death. And, they have been impressively supportive of the right, and obligation of civilians to protect themselves. They also laugh at the stupidity of magazine limitations, so-called 'assault rifle' bans and the rest of this foolishness.

I know there are other LEO's that see this situation differently. But, at least in Arizona, we seem to have some very logical and decent LEO's. It is one of the few factors right now that gives me optimism about our future.

Thing is, the powers that be will send our own against us. Most Vets and LEO's believe in the ideals on which the country was founded enough to put more than their words on the line, only to discover that many of those that are APPOINTED above them don't share the dedication.

I hope that we'll be on the same side if push ever comes to shove.

I would absolutely love for Alan Keyes to be elected President. Reality couldn't have a better ally. I read some of his views during the 1996 election campaign and couldn't find a single fault.

[This message has been edited by Destructo6 (edited May 23, 1999).]

From: Ivan 5-24-99 1151PM EDT Alan Keyes fought with us in Maryland for our dwindling gun rights a few years ago. I like him Pat Buchanan gave up and caved in and endorsed Dole, a real poor excuse for a Presidential Candidate. I personally think that Smith from New England is the only decent candidate besides Alan Keyes that we have out there.But even these men have the baggage of the corrupt Repubicratic Party to contend with and would end playing ball with the Republicratic Leadership(Lott, Hatch, etc. We need a powerful third party in this nation, a populist peoples party that would bring back our economy from across the seas(all the corporations that have pulled our manufacturing base outside our shores) and would restore Constitutional government to this land. We can dream,cant we? Ivan

Back