Otis ripcord ?

I didn't get any replies so I bought one today. I have to say it works great on my Henry 22 golden boy, remington 541 and AR. I could not get a bore snake to go through my lever and semi auto 22's but this Otis rip cord does the job excellently.

I have both ripcords and boresnakes. For quick bore cleaning of both handguns and rifles I like the ripcords better. They seem to do a decent job of getting most of the soot and other crud out of your barrel in just two to three passes. I still use standard rods and brushes for a thorough cleaning, but for post-range session quickie cleaning they work pretty well.

I did find that I needed to have one for .44 as well as one for .45, as once you run a ripcord through a .44, it gets compressed enough that it doesn't engage the rifling very well in a subsequent .45 auto. This problem doesn't seem to occur when switching from 9 mm to .357 mag or .38 special.

I have the large Otis kit and after 8 years I really like ho well it has held up and the ease of use.
I'd not seen these before, but I will have to get one to try out. No brainer considering how happy I am with their cleaning kit.

I still have a cleaning rod, and it still sees use, but not very often.

Back