OT...need new shotgun..help? Mossburg?

IAJack

Hey Im really needing a new shotgun for this falls upcomming hunting, Ive been looking at the new Mossburg 835 series, specifically with the realtree cammo, it seems to be an all around versitile gun as it has several chokes, is ported, takes 3 1/2" shells and seems to have alot?
Any opinions? good bad or otherwise?

the other i looked at is a winchester, but wasn't that thrilled with it?

BTW, looking for one that is all around for pheasant, turkey, clays..

Here is what Im looking at specifically
http://www.mossberg.com/pcatalog/model835.htm

thanks
IAJack

I have a Mossberg M590 A1 and am thrilled with the thing, especially for the few bucks it cost. A totally reliable, accurate, feature-rich, good-looking piece.
Some BBS posters who said they were gunsmiths had some harsh things to say about repairing them, but didn't elaborate.
Personally, I'm sold on Mossbergs and will probably buy their Jungle Gun soon.

I also have the M590A1 and love it, right down to the bayonet lug.

However, you should know that many knowledgable shotgunners recommend the Remington 870 over the Mossberg. Check out the threads in "Shotguns."

Regards,

Ledbetter

The Mossberg's OK, but for a shotgun your great grandchildren will thank you for, get an 870 Remington.If one's ever worn out, I haven't heard of it. Police depts and Correctional systems use them because of their durability.

And, while this isn't a popular view with the "More is Better" folks, the big reason there's a 3 1/2 magnum in the first place is to sell bad shots new shotguns.If all the deer, geese etc,that I've shot with dinky little 2 3/4" loads in the last 40 years or so were lined up,they'd reach the Bay from here.

Back