Original Ruger bearcat parts

BIGSLOWHEAVY

Recently I lucked into being given one of the original (not the newer ones) Ruger bearcat 22lr revolvers. Although it is way too small for my hands, I love this little wheel gun. The only problem is that the cylinder will not turn to the next chamber upon pulling the triger(will not turn at all for that matter). It does shoot perfectly well as long as I manually turn the cylinder to the next round. I am not all that familiar with the inner workings of revolvers. I would very much appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction as to what might be the problem and where to look for the parts to fix this neat little gun.

Take care,
Marc

The Bearcats were popular little revolvers and are being produced again with a transfer bar safety and "target hammer", other than that I think they're identical to the originals and as such Ruger probably has parts available. Also, post your question on Rugerforum and somebody might just have the parts you need in their goodies box.

Old model rugers and conversion/repair thereof

First ruger can (and will) fix your gun. But they won't touch it unless you let them put the transferbar conversion in it. Yes they do the conversion on these little SA revolvers now. I had mine done as it too needed a bit of a tune up. I also like the newer mini-superblackhawk hammer. The good thing is its all free. except the one way shipping. Call or wright them tell them your problem and that you want to have it safty converted. They will send you a box and return instructions. follow those and send gun back to them. They will replace the gunts with the new parts and repair your problem at the same time. They will also return ALL your older parts that they replace so no collector value is lost. I have most of my older rugers converted. As an added bonus ruger will not sell parts for or repair an older revolver without the conversion done. Once done its almost like its under warrenty again. Its a good deal all around especially if the gun in question is in need of repair.

They will also return ALL your older parts that they replace so no collector value is lost.

while they do return all the original parts, collector value is compramised as the mark them as having been modified under the grip frame. Some collectors do not care though. The trigger will certainly not be as nice as before either.

Hey I really appreciate the info. Looks like I'll be sending it to Ruger for repair and conversion. Not really worried about collector value as I will never part with it. If only it were a little bigger. It's pretty funny watching me shoot it with my meaty paws(I'm about 6'4" 280). Friends say I look like King Kong shooting a NAA revolver in 22 short!

Thanks much

Marc

For something a little bigger try a

Ruger single-six its a small amount larger than the bearcat. also try the Bisley single six for a even slightly bigger grip. All the little rugers are excellent guns and will outlast your lifetime.

Back