Ordered the CMMG Evolution 'India' 22LR Kit

Uncle Malice

I've been wanting to get one of the .22 conversion kits for my AR for quite a while. I was especially looking at the nicer CMMG Evolution kit. I see that they have a few new models out now in the Evolution series, with the 'India' kit being the top end.

india25.jpg

The India has every single feature we offer for a semi-auto .22LR conversion.
Kit Includes:

• Right Handed Stainless Steel Action
  • NEW 22 ECL (Evolution Chamber Lock)**
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Live Round Extraction
  • Buffer Retaining Pin Relief Cut
  • Piston System Compatible (without removing piston rod)
  • Magazine Stabilizer
  • Bolt Hold Open Actuator
  • 25 Round Magazine
  • Charging Handle
  • Removable Forward Assist
  • Extension Bushing
  • Stainless Steel Cleaning Jag/Guide Rod
  • Go/No Go Chamber Adapter
  • Compatible with Any Mil-Spec AR15 Upper
  • Magazine Loader

**The New Evolution Chamber Lock is a brass chamber adapter that locks into place eliminating all play between the conversion and upper receiver which has two beneficial effects. First, by eliminating all play between the conversion and receiver, reliability is improved. Secondly, for trainers and armorers, it makes it more difficult to remove and "tinker" with the conversion which greatly reduces down time due to "unauthorized" cleanings or dis-assembly.

I went ahead and bit the bullet and ordered directly from CMMG. It was a little more than I had anticipated spending - $345 after shipping. I was considering doing something like the dedicated M&P 22 instead, but my whole reason for wanting to do this is to train with my primary weapon for cheaper. My Daniel Defense is equipped with the Geissele trigger, Magpul MIAD grip, CTR stock, AFG, Red Dot, etc. so to get the M&P and then outfit it the same as my DD, would be a significant investment over just getting the conversion.

I've read good things, and hope to have the same experience. Anyone here used the CMMG kits? I'll be sure to post a review once I get it and give it some testing.

Looks like this kit is back ordered. I called CMMG and they said ETA is about 2-3 weeks out.

I'm fine with that. I'll let you guys know when it comes in!

Last edited:
Less hassle and price. I could get the 22 upper, but then to outfit it the same as my primary DD upper would run about another $650-$750 on top of the upper from CMMG.

Back