Ordered my first 1860

Georgian

Hey yall. Just ordered my first Uberti 1860 Army from DGW.....bday present to myself lol. Anything I need to know in particular about the '60?

Yea . . . it ain't a '51 Navy! :D But that's alright . . . I'm just partial to Navies! :roll eyes:

Congrats on your '60! It's a great model and you are going to have lots of fun with it! It's a nice sleek design and you'll enjoy it greatly. Have fun and be safe! Let us know how she shoots when you get it . . . and we LOVE pictures! :)

Thanks bedbug....I too like the Navy, but it'll just be easier for ammo compatibility since I already have an Uberti '58. I also remember having a non-firing 1860 for a toy as a kid.....and just loved the grip shape!

Anything you should know?

Sure.

Try not to love it too much.

Just because it may be the most beautiful pistol ever made.

Have fun! I've been debating getting one, but I don't want to push my luck with the wife. Post pictures when you get it!

Well, my Uberti 1860 came in today!! I only ran about 24 rounds through it.....and of course a cap got jammed under the hammer during the course of fire lol. I am running Remington #11 caps......but have had numerous misfires. I don't know if this is caused by the caps, nipples, or a light hammer strike. I noticed my 1858 Uberti has a noticeably harder hammer strike, and the 1860 is lighter. I pulled it all apart after my range trip, and cleaned it inside and out. I noticed the main spring seems a little short, or that may just be by design. Had a helluva time getting the gun back together (and I've owned Colt repros before). Any suggestion as to what is causing the misfires? Also note that all misfires were eventually cleared by pressing the cap further down on the nipple allow it to fire. I have also used the same exact nipples on my Uberti 1858 with Treso nipples, and they fire every time!

I have had misfires on my Uberti Colt Walker when I did not seat the caps well on the nipple. I use the flat blade of my Swiss Army Knife to gently press them onto the nipples now. This was with CCI #10 caps. The Remington #10s are just a hair bigger and easier to seat on the Uberti Walker nipples.

Once I started pressing the caps down my misfires went away. Stock nipples on all my revolvers.

Steve

Armys are good but for some reason Uberti is putting weak springs in their revolvers now. Even the one Ive had for several years was unreliable with cci caps (ok with remington). I did two things. First I backed up the mainspring with a spare I had shortened then I backed the cones out just a little bit. Works with both type caps now. My recent pocket model had a very weak spring causing hammer blowback and cap jams. I put an older spare spring behind the factory mainspring and releived the grip behind the mainspring screw so that it wouldn't bind on reassembly. The cocking effort actually feel about right and the revolver functions now.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1860Army50ftduelist.JPG
    1860Army50ftduelist.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 60armycase.jpg
    60armycase.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 72
Back