Options for 10 fp stocks

dvdcrr

I have a Savage 308 10 fp, one of the cheap blind mag centerfeed plastic stocks. Works OK but I would like to replace the blind centerfeed with hinged or detachable mag. I find loading slow with the one piece rail and center feed. And do a different stock like the black grey web HS precision or similar. Is this possible? Where to get the parts?

Rather than investing more time and money in that rifle, I would sell it and buy one set up the way you want.

Savage 308's are quite common so finding a replacement should take no time at all.

There are all sorts of "take off" parts available on the auction sites.
It's your preference but personally, I can't see the need for speed loading a bolt action. If that's a real need for you, go whole hog and get one of the high dollar stocks with hi-cap removable mags.
I was hot on one of those for my .223 HOWA just to make unloading easier but then I quit using it as a calling rifle so don't need the easy unloading features now.

Well since I have a custom barrel screwed on there I am committed to this one. No selling.
Isn't one of Savage's biggest selling points the easy interchangeability of the barrels?

You may find a used one at Numrich or you could take bediamite's suggestion and purchase bottom metal from CDI and install it a Boyd Stock. It will not be cheap but it is a way.

I replaced the factory stock on my old 10 FP (internal magazine) when I replaced the barrel after 6500 rounds down range. I got a Bell and Carlson #2097 short action with 4.40" bolt holes from Stocky Stocks. It has an adjustable stock because the factory stock was just a bit too short for me and I wanted an adjustable cheek weld. I didn't care about the internal magazine so I the stock I bought has the internal magazine.

My 10 FP Savage dropped right into the new stock and fit beautifully. My average group size improved by almost 0.1 inches at 100 yards.

You might call Stocky and see if they can fix you up with a stock that would provide a replaceable mag. You might need some additional hardware to allow the mag to eject.

Back