Optimism in the economy? Gun sales.

With the recent recovery of the US stock market to record highs, is this likely to help gun sales, which might have begun a gradual post-election slump?

I'm not selling anything, just wanting to understand the various factors.

If you exclude the bizarre, irrational regulations in states such as CA etc, how do you see any new optimism being a factor in demand for guns in the US in general (no pun intended)?

Optimism one of many factors

Gun sales are actually up after the election; see articles like this.

Optimism matters, but only after income. Employment is up and wage rates are up, so that's positive.

Gun sales are up, I believe, mostly because of the good internet deals. I work in a gun shop and can't seem to give a gun away and we probably have the best prices in the area. My income has declined significantly from last year to this year because of it. I'm guessing it's probably time to move on.

Gun sales are up, I believe, mostly because of the good internet deals. I work in a gun shop and can't seem to give a gun away and we probably have the best prices in the area. My income has declined significantly from last year to this year because of it. I'm guessing it's probably time to move on.

I don't really think so. I bought a new Mossberg semi-automatic rifle the Tuesday before Thanksgiving from my closest LGS because of the price on a one day sale. I bought a new shotgun yesterday from Walmart. In both cases, I looked everywhere I could find on the internet and I could not find a single price as low as I paid for either of them. That's without considering the shipping or FFL costs involved.

I don't really think so. I bought a new Mossberg semi-automatic rifle the Tuesday before Thanksgiving from my closest LGS because of the price on a one day sale. I bought a new shotgun yesterday from Walmart. In both cases, I looked everywhere I could find on the internet and I could not find a single price as low as I paid for either of them. That's without considering the shipping or FFL costs involved.

Well, I'm judging solely on the number of gun transfers that the store does, which is dozens per week. The number of guns that are sold in store in no way comes close to the number of firearms that are transferred through the store.

Well, I'm judging solely on the number of gun transfers that the store does, which is dozens per week. The number of guns that are sold in store in no way comes close to the number of firearms that are transferred through the store.

I think a lot of the problem you see is because people think things are cheaper on the internet and are to lazy to comparison shop. I suspect that some of the guns that are transferred through the store could have been bought at the store at the same or lower price. Of the nine new guns I have bought, I only ordered one through the internet because I comparison shop locally. The only gun I ordered on the internet was not available locally and I ordered it through Gallery of Guns which is a sale by the participating LGS.

Back