Optics on revolver....what do u use? (If you do...)

vanguard

Inactive
What do you guys use on your revolver?
I will be using it on IPSC matches and maybe some revolver matches.....basically, Ive narrowed it down to these 3.
Aimpoint Comp, Propoint PDP5CMP or PDP6CMP, and ADCO Mirage Eclipse Shorty.
Aimpoint- I have 2 already, (Comp M 3moa), I love em, but since they are being discontinued and the new ones aren't out yet...Im having a hard time getting one. Plus, I need it in silver to match the revolver. The new ones only comes in 4MOA, so Im not sure that will be big enough since most people say they use a 7MOA. It cost almost double than the tasco ($300+)....Ive seen some for around $250 but they are all out of stock since they are discontinuing it. So, if any of you have experience with a 7MOA aimpoint, how does it compare to the other brand you tried?
ADCO - The Adco mirage Eclipse shorty cost around $200. Ive seen one...but can't remember if it was good....seems like it has a small tube to look into. Im afraid I will not be able to find the dot fast enough. Jerry Miculek supposedly use them on his revolver. It comes in silver too... Anyone here use this?
Tasco Propoint 5 or 6 - Probably the cheapest! $120-$150 and also have the biggest tube for the PDP5CMP (47mm) and the most compact for the PDP6CMP. (Could use the rest of the $ on ammo!) I see a lot of revolver people using this, so im sure it is better than the usual Tasco reputation Ive been hearing. It seems to have all the qualities I want except that in only comes in black...but for $120-$150, basically half the price of an aimpoint....who cares..... So, what can you guys say about this model? anyone use the new PDP6CMP?
Some people are recommending the Optima 2k or the Docter Optic...but it looks really small...and some people claim the dot gets fuzzy and it is hard to zero. I guess I'll have to check it out.
Anyway....what do you guys think?

thanks in advance!

I have a Tasco PDP3 on my S&W 686. It's only been on there a short time, but so far I like it. I have an Optima on my rimfire, which at first I tried mounting to the revolver. It didn't work so well. I tried both the weaver rail mount and a low profile mount that replaces the rear sight (JP Enterprises) but unfortunately the Optima didn't have enough adjustment to sight in with either option. I really like the Optima (and I don't think it's hard to zero at all) but it definetly doesn't have a broad enough range of adjustment for all mounting options.
As far as the new Aimpoint, guys over at AR15.com have been selling them for quite some time, so I think they are available, and you can also find a good deal on the old model over there too.

Scott

You can't use optics on a revolver in ipsc or uspsa. That being said I have tried the cmore, PDP6 and PDP4. The PDP 4 is easier to use becuase of the big tube. EGW makes mounts for the optima that should solve your problems if you go that route.

A 63 mm can from Tasco! To bad they don't make them anymore. :(

S&W627pc.JPG

Robert

Can't use optics in revolver for IPSC? I am fairly new to IPSC, but Ive seen people using optics on their revolver all the time! Are they being classified differently? Like as an Open gun? Or Open revolver or something? When I look at the results of the match, the guy was classified as "revolver"?! What's up? Maybe...the club is just being "flexible" with him....
Oh well....
I have decided to use the Propoint 6.

Thanks all!

In USPSA the revolver class is no optics. I don't know what the club is doing. He should be in open class. There may be an open class in the future but nothing now. ICORE uses optics.

JoeHatley! That looks really cool!!! We have the same gun...I just had the grips changed to Miculek grips and had the trigger worked on. I wish I bought the 8 rounder too.

Recon, you're right....there is no Optics for the revolver class. They should have an Open Revolver in the future though... I guess I have to get involved with ICORE then.

Just curious....what is the trigger pull on your revolvers? did you set it to double action only?

Thanks all.

Back