Optical sight for trap?

Ledbetter

Greetings,

Recently, I got a Trijicon Reflex II optical sight for a carbine. I was wondering if it would be worthwhile to get a B-square mount for the shotgun and try it out for trap. I saw a couple of guys using them at the trap range. Any thoughts?

Regards,

Ledbetter

Why not give it a try? I use a Beretta A390 slug gun with a Bushnell Holosite for deer hunting. Along the way I picked up a longer barrel for the gun and I tried the longer barrel/Holosite combination to shoot trap and skeet and it was different. It seemed more like a video game than shooting.

In registered competition optical sights are not permitted unless the shooter has a medical condition affecting his eyesight. I found the Holosite educational while shooting skeet because it gave a clearer idea of what leads worked on the crossing shots.

The only "problem" I had with my set up was the other guys at the range who wanted to give it a try. I could have sold tickets.

Never used one, but what do you have to lose? IMO,I do better at clays and birds the less attention I pay to the sights,but nobody thinks I'm the best around, not even my kids(G).

Thanks for the info on competitions. I won't have to worry about that for a while.

Mount ordered today, I'll let you know how it goes. Sell tickets, eh?

Regards,

Ledbetter

Back