Opinions Welcome

desertstormvet

I am in the market for a reasonably priced Barrett MRAD and I expect to find one very soon. My issue is that without a good scope, the weapon's not much use. I'm looking for opinions on what to do...I have a .308 WIN Remington SPS 700 Varmint (w/ HS Precision Stock and Jewell trigger) with a Leupold Mark 4 ER/T 6.5-20x50 mm scope. Would it be smarter (i.e. more cost efficient) to put the Leupold on the Barret and downgrade (e.g. 4.5-14x50 mm) on the Remington or go balls out and put a Nightforce NXS 8-32x56 mm scope on the Barrett. I understand that one option is less expensive than the other, but I'm not sure of the assocaited pros/cons or cost-benefit. Is there another approach that would be better?? Thanks.

If you are going to use the MRAD for true long range..over a thousand yards get the nightforce. If you won't be shooting past a thousand it doesn't matter....flip a coin. On the other hand there is this nagging voice in the back of my mind that says "Its an MRAD!! Put the best on it or don't buy it at all !!!!!!".:D

Thanks...I too have that nagging (and cost adder) voice in my head. Where I was getting a bit cross wired is that Barrett, for their integrated packages (e.g. gun, scope, and BORS) only provide a 4.5-14x50mm scope. There's no way that is adequate for the effective range of the rifle. So back to Nightforce...5.5-22x56 or 8-32x56? I'm thinking the latter.

Back