Opinion's On

E. BeauBeaux

5926 9mm & 637 38spl A friend has these up for sale and I was thinking about it. Haven't talked price yet. what's your thought's about these. Thank's for the input.

Not very familiar with S&W centerfire autos, only owned one, and was not impressed so sold it. The 637 is a sweet J-frame. I like the 638 better for snag free draw, but the 637 can have its' hammer bobbed for the same effect.

Never had the Model 637 but I owned a Model 5906 for awhile. According to my book the 5926 was discontinued in 1992. Personally, I liked that 5906. It was reliable, durable, a nice shooter, and good looking handgun. It was on the heavy side but that made recoil almost non-exsistent.
I never had any bad luck with stainless Smith auto's. Had a Model 4006 also (40 cal). Another good gun. Other TFL members haven't been as pleased as myself however. You might want to do a "search" for more info. Good Luck, J. Parker

I just tried "search" typing in "5926" and didn't get much but when I typed in "5906" there was alot of threads. Best Regards, J. Parker

I knew about the 5906 but that 5926 threw me too. Didn't know it was discontinued. If I had a choice I would like to find an old Model 36 [maybe someday a nice one will turn up] Thank's for the help.

The 5926 was my first handgun, bought it back in '90 if I remember correctly. Unfortunately I got rid of it. It was a good gun and I would like to get another, if I can find one.

The difference between the 5906 and the 5926 is the 5926 has a frame mounted decocker and no manual safety.

If you are looking to get rid of a 5926 I am interested.

I have the Model 638, Bodyguard Airweight. The M637 is the same gun without the shrouded hammer. The light weight makes these revolvers ideal for carrying.

If the M637 has the hammer-mounted firing pin, and if it is in good shape, then I would go for it (if I didn't already have the M638).

IMO, depending on condition, $350 - $250 would be a reasonable price.

-Mk.IV

Back