Opinions on Tikka 223 Sporter

FMJ

Inactive
I'm interested in the Tikka Sporter in 223. Does anyone have experience it this rifle or with the company (Tikka). How satisfied are you with accuracy. Any thoughts would be appreciated

I almost got the Sporter but bought the Continital instead. They are the same action just different stocks. I did however go with the .308 instead of the .223, already have .223 and did not have a .308. Anyway, they are as accurate as you have read. Mine will shoot .471 with the first loads I tried and that's "box stock", nothing done to the rifle besides lightinig the trigger. (It is adjustable) The rifles are well made and very smooth. They are Sako's (made by them) with plastic parts. The trigger guard, mag, and bolt release are plastic. I love mine! Some friends of mine that have various versions all love them as well, more accurate than most rifles costing twice as much.

SE Shooter: Doesn't the Continental come with a heavy, varmint barrel?? I'm thinking of getting one in .243 Win., to use as a varmint rifle.

Yes, the Continental comes with a heavy, varmint barrel. It goes .787 at the muzzle, has an 11* target crown, is 26", and free floated all the way to the reciever. I too wanted the .243 over .308 after seeing some "1 Hole" 3 shot groups done with the synthetic model, but they are not being imported at this time. It is listed in the pamplets as well as the .222, I was told they (.243) are due to get here sometime this summer and no plans to import the .222. With how relase dates go in the firearms industry, I did not want to wait so I got the .308. At the time I ordered mine the distributers had .223, 22-250, .308, 25-06, .270, and 30-06. Some others listed may be her now. I'm very happy with my .308!

It is made by Sako and has a Hammer forged barrel. It is a European rifle and you can tell it across the field but it isn't a bad rifle. In my opinion Sako is the best factory n Europe and is complete with investment foundry and the works. If I had any complaint it is the personnel turnover. Its hard to get acquainted because they have moved on by the next time you are there.

Apparently Tikka lists lots of calibers for U.S.-bound rifles on their website that they don't actually export to the U.S.

I might just go ahead and see if the Rem. custom shop will put a .243 action from the VLS into the VS, H-S Precision stock. Anybody know if they'll do things like that??

Back