Opinions on the IWI Jericho 941 please.

bspillman

I’m thinking of picking one of these up. I’ve tried YouTube n such and it seems these have been sold under a dozen different names. Can anyone here give any insight on these? Thanks.

Despite what people will say, they are NOT CZ 75 clones, they share little to no parts. They are based off the Tanfoglio design and depending what year the 941 is, tanfoglio would have produced parts for them.

Good quality pistols.

I have a IWI Jericho 941F steel. Good weight to manage recoil, good ergos in the hand, decent sights, solid reliability. I got mine for $550ish new.

I have two of them, and will probably get a third one one of these days. One of mine is almost new and the other one is a very very bad looking SAO gun from Israel. Shoots fine, but it came with the wrong guide rod, and recoil spring. Easily found online.
DPg3Bj.jpg

I would love to get one, especially if it had both barrels.

If you weren't aware, the 941 stands for 9mm and .41AE.

the .41AE was an ammo design that was killed by the .40S&W.

It has similar advantages as the .40S&W, but came with a rebated rim that allowed it to be used in a 9mm slide. So- swap barrel, recoil rod and mag- and you had more oomph.

I have a .41AE barrel for the BHP 9mm slide, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

It is obsolete, but is fun to have that flexibility.

Now, whether it be the Jericho, the CZ 75, the Tanfoglio or the Baby Eagle- all of the triggers were just a tad too far for me to shoot both DA and SA without shifting my grip after my first shot.

Those with frame safeties were just a touch too far forward for me to use comfortably.

Even so- it would be nice to have another 9mm/.41AE handgun.

Got to shoot one some years back in 9mm. From what I remember it felt kinda klunkey overly large and tall. Had a good trigger, and a high bore axis, it tried to flip more than I liked. But its been a lot of years and I have shot a lot and learned a lot since then. Wouldn't mind shooting one again.

Jericho 941 does not have a high "bore axis" but rather a low bore axis, similar to CZ 75, a design famous for its low "bore axis".
"Klunkie"... not sure what that means, probably the poster meant "clunky". Well... its an opinion. See attached picture to make your own opinion.
"Overly large and tall"... compared to what?
Jericho: Overall Length 8.2″, Weight 2.3 lb
CZ75: Mass 1.12 kg (2.5 lb) Length 206.3 mm (8.12 in)
Beretta 92 (aluminum frame) : Mass 970 grams (34 oz), Length 217 millimeters (8.5 in) 211 millimeters.
Certainly Jericho is not "Overly large" when compared to some of its peers.
Jericho 941 is an all metal, reliable, accurate and very well made handgun.It can be trusted to be there for you when needed.

Attachments

• IWI-Jericho-FS-9-J941FS9-856304004967.jpg_3.jpeg
    IWI-Jericho-FS-9-J941FS9-856304004967.jpg_3.jpeg
    204.9 KB · Views: 30
My focus has shifted mostly to guns that I can comfortably carry concealed. Otherwise, I would be all over a surplus Jericho (or at least I "would have been" when the prices were low on surplus imports). I'm a fan of well-made pistols with a steel frame. Plastic has it's place, and its own advantages, but steel is a thing of beauty.

I had a IMI Baby Eagle .40 back about 20 years ago. Nice pistol. Sold it to pay rent. I have wanted to replace it with a 941 but I haven't come across one in person yet.

Jericho 941 does not have a high "bore axis" but rather a low bore axis, similar to CZ 75, a design famous for its low "bore axis".
"Klunkie"... not sure what that means, probably the poster meant "clunky". Well... its an opinion. See attached picture to make your own opinion.
"Overly large and tall"... compared to what?
Jericho: Overall Length 8.2″, Weight 2.3 lb
CZ75: Mass 1.12 kg (2.5 lb) Length 206.3 mm (8.12 in)
Beretta 92 (aluminum frame) : Mass 970 grams (34 oz), Length 217 millimeters (8.5 in) 211 millimeters.
Certainly Jericho is not "Overly large" when compared to some of its peers.
Jericho 941 is an all metal, reliable, accurate and very well made handgun.It can be trusted to be there for you when needed.

Like I said, it was many years ago.

while I know and understand it is similar to the cz 75s with its bore axis, based on the shape of the grip and beaver tail so to speak, it felt higher that it was to me.

Over large in comparison to the cartridge for which it was chambered. the frame could have fit a 40 or 45 based on how it felt to me. that is also what I meant by clunky. just overly chunky for the cartridge in which it was chambered. maybe over built would be a better term.

no aspersions to its reliability, accuracy, or quality, it just did not suit my needs or wants. At that time I had a P226 and much preferred it, although the frame was a touch overly large with that as well.

Back